Hi there !
I am sharing these little precious doilies made entirely out of chocolate. I use them as cupcake toppers or to decorate cakes and desserts. They are cute and delicate little ornaments that are quite easy to make.
You will need :
- Compound chocolate (baking chocolate)
- Parchment paper
- Printed doily template*
- Pieces of cardboard a bit bigger than the template
- Painter’s tape or washi tape
* : you may find your chosen template in google images. Just google “simple doily”, choose one that you like and then click “show more” as shown in the picture below. It allows you to target the type of images you are looking for. Then copy and paste in a Word document, and print.
1. Once you have your printed template in the size you want, prepare your workspace by taping the parchment paper onto the cardboard. Leave the template loose under the parchment, so you can use it multiple times. The cardboard allows you to move your chocolate creation to harden.
2. If you make a mistake, leave it to dry a few seconds then use a toothpick to cut it out.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Make the cones out of parchment paper. And try and be quick when tracing the chocolate, compound chocolate hardens pretty quickly, especially if it’s cold out. Keep the molten chocolate in the hot water.
4. Trace over the template as close to the printed sketch as possible.
5. And there you have a little chocolate doily. Pretty easy, right ? Once you get it out of the parchment, you can use the bottom side (much smoother). Or not, it’s your choice really 😉 Also, you can re-use the parchment pieces.
You can use them as edible cupcake toppers.
And you can make them gold or silver by brushing edible luster dust.
Apply them on a cake that you would have made yourself 🙂
Thank you for stopping by ! I hope to see you soon around here.